Getting to know the differences between tankless water heaters and hot water tanks can help you make an informed decision about which will work best for your home. At Murrayville Plumbing, we understand how important it is to have the right hot water system for your home. That is why we offer a wide range of plumbing services for tankless water heaters and hot water tanks.
What is a Tankless Water Heater?
Tankless water heaters, also known as on-demand water heaters, are designed to use high-powered burners to rapidly heat water as it runs through a heat exchanger and is delivered to your faucets or showers. This type of water heater is typically powered by electricity or gas and tends to be 22 per cent more energy efficient than traditional hot water tanks.
What is a Hot Water Tank?
Most homes tend to have hot water tanks, which are insulated tanks that hold, heat, and store about 30-50 gallons of water until it is needed. In most cases, hot water tanks either run on natural gas or electricity. Natural gas hot water tanks can use almost 50 per cent less energy than electric hot water tanks, making them cheaper to operate; however, they can cost more to install.
The Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
Some of the main benefits of tankless water heaters include:
- Tankless water heaters help save money in the long run by cutting down on energy bills.
- Tankless water heaters can last 20 to 30 years, which is double the lifespan of hot water tanks.
- Compared to hot water tanks, tankless water heaters take up significantly less space, allowing them to be installed in tight quarters or even on the outside walls of the home.
- Tankless water heaters can provide instant hot water, so you can have the perfect temperature of water right when you need it.
The Advantages of Hot Water Tanks
Some of the main advantages of hot water tanks are:
- Compared to tankless water heaters, hot water tanks have a lower initial cost by a significant margin.
- Hot water tanks operate on a much simpler system than tankless water heaters, allowing for easy, low-cost repairs if the tank is not functioning properly.
If you would like to learn more about the differences between tankless water heaters and hot water tanks, please contact Murrayville Plumbing at 778-888-6451 or by filling out a form on our website. Murrayville Plumbing in Langley is proud to serve the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley seven days a week. In addition to providing plumbing services, we are also happy to offer heating, gas, and commercial services.