Murrayville plumbing services for replacing poly-b pipes can provide you with complete confidence in your home’s plumbing system. At Murrayville Plumbing, we understand how important it is to have the right piping materials throughout your home. That is why our team of plumbing professionals are trained and equipped to replace old poly-b pipes.
What is Poly-B Plumbing?
Poly b or polybutylene is a type of flexible gray pipe that was commonly installed in hot water systems and residential plumbing in Murrayville throughout the late 1970’s to the late 1990’s. This type of piping was manufactured as an alternative to the more expensive copper piping, making it extremely appealing to plumbers and contractors; however, after an extended period of time, poly-b pipes began to develop issues, causing the manufacturing of poly b to be discontinued.
Why Replace Poly-B Piping?
While there are still many Murrayville homes that have not yet experienced issues with poly-b piping, the pipes will begin to leak over time, causing damage to the homes. Some of the most common poly-b piping issues that you might experience in your home include:
- High levels of free chlorine in the water supply can cause leaks throughout the piping system
- Improper installation of the poly-b pipes where the fittings were installed too tight can cause hairline cracks that will eventually lead to leaks and damage to the home
- Improper installation of the poly-b pipes where they were bent or put under stress to fit into place can cause leaks and damage to the home
- Poly-b pipes installed with acetal (white or gray) fittings to connect the pipes together can eventually break and spring leaks
Costs for Replacing Poly B
The cost of replacing all of the pol-b piping in your Murrayville home will depend on the size of the house and the plumbing company working on the project; however, replacing poly-b systems tends to be a rather extensive project. In some cases, a plumbing company may also be able to remediate the poly b in your home rather than replacing all of it in order to get your home’s plumbing back in working condition.
Some of the factors that will determine the price of replacing poly-b pipes throughout your home include:
- Interior access
- Size of the house
- Number of bathrooms
- How much drywall needs to be removed to access the pipes
If you would like to learn more about our Murrayville plumbing services for replacing poly b, or if you are interested in our poly-b replacement services, please contact the licensed plumbers from Murrayville Plumbing at 778-888-6451 or by filling out a contact form on our website.